An IBF-Accredited Online Training Course
This Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Training program introduces the basics, knowledge of current trends in Singapore, and the steps to take to reduce AML/CFT risks within financial organizations.
Identify and manage money laundering risk
Money laundering and terrorism financing continues to pose a major risk to financial institutions and the financial market. Across the globe, financial institutions are faced with an evolving and threatening landscape. Complex challenges, developments in technology, and increased digitalization of services, surge of regulatory pressure, and increasing amount of data are accentuating the need for financial institutions to implement an effective AML/CFT compliance framework.
This IBF-accredited training program equips learners with current knowledge of developments and trends in the AML/CFT space in Singapore, provides an introduction to understanding the basics of AML/CFT, and the steps to take to reduce AML/CFT risks within their organizations.
This course is delivered virtually during at 90-minute live webinar.
AML/CFT Training Course Outline
The course will cover the following topics:
- What is Money Laundering?
- Money Laundering Process and Techniques
- Singapore Laws and International Standards
- Stages of Money Laundering
- Underwriting AML/CFT risks in organizations
- Who is responsible for AML/CFT?
- Key overview of regulatory provisions including offences and penalties
- Enterprise-wide Risk Assessment
- Customer Due Diligence
- On-going monitoring (“OGM”)
- Suspicious Transactions Monitoring and Reporting
- Define money laundering and terrorism financing
- Recognize key stages and common techniques used by money launderers
- Understand purposes and methods of money laundering and terrorism financing activities
- Understand money laundering/terrorism financing risks faced by companies
- Understand minimum MAS requirements for regulated companies pertaining to AML/CFT
- General understanding of conducting due diligence checks, AML screenings, and risk assessments for customers
- Understand suspicious transactions reporting requirements
Nithi Genesan has over 15 years regulatory and compliance experience in the financial sector. She holds a master’s degree in applied finance from the Manchester Business School, an International Compliance Association Diploma, and is a graduate from the National University of Singapore.
She is an experienced compliance trainer, conducting training for institutions ranging from asset management entities to large banks. This includes, working with the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF) to obtain accreditation for compliance training courses in Singapore, and working with Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association to establish compliance training.
Who should attend
All officers and employees of licensed, regulated financial Institutions (FI) in Singapore such as:
- Board of directors and senior management
- Compliance officers and managers
- Personnel involved in customer onboarding, investor relations and customer-facing including client services management teams
- All other employees
Assessment and Certificate
A certificate of 1.5 hours of supplementary CPD hours be provided to those who complete the course and pass the assessment. The training and assessment to be conducted via Webinar. The dial-in details and the link to the Assessment will be sent before the course begins.
The course is delivered by live webinar. The course runs for 90 minutes; 60 minutes for the main course with case studies, and 30 minutes for the assessment. The PowerPoint slides will be shared after the training session.
Eligible individuals will be able to pay subsidized fees for our training course. Please refer to IBF’s Financial Training Scheme for more details.
Friday July 30, 2:30-4:00 SGT